Limmud is back but before the main weekend event there is an evening of fun and learning that has been put together with some fantastic content.
The only shame is that with such great speakers you will only be able to attend two sessions. Each session provides a choice of up to 6 topics, so choose wisely.
Session 1 features features six sessions on topics such as: Israel, football, kaballah, design, foreign policy and general interest.
Session 2 features five sessions on topics such as: Israel, art, antisemitism and Yemenite Jewry.
When: Thursday, 13 May 2010,
Registration at 18:30
Where: Beyachad, 2 Elray Rd, Raedene
To register: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are some interesting political sessions including
- Charles Asher Small on the difference between the Freedom Charter of the ANC and the Hamas charter
- Debbie Mankowitz on the American connection and the Middle East crisis
- Charles Asher Small on Radical Islam and Genocidal Antisemitism
- Romi Kaplan on Israel’s treatment of refugees and asylum seekers
- Anat Apter on the unknown story of Yemenite Jews
You can download the full brochure here.